1. Start your own online blog, involve your hobbies, where you like to eat, and throw a few confessional blog posts.
2. Ring up and arrange interviews, then send any pieces to local newspapers.
3. Work experience. Work experience is the key to a long career in journalism.
4. Get an NCTJ accredited qualification, 16 week part-time courses are available, quick and full of journalistic information.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, you’re a journalist, you’re allowed to.
6. Know the legal aspects, your editors will be grateful!